A Batch Of Wheat

I did up an extract batch of wheat today. Really simple batch, just 6.6 pounds of extract, 1.5 oz. Tettnang, 1.5 oz. Hallertauer, and Wyeast 1010 yeast. I had a bit of trouble with the yeast not swelling up like it should, which I initially attributed to it being an older pack. When I finally pitched it turned out that the nutrient pack didn’t open so I ended up pitching unactivated yeast. I did have one major positive though. I found an adapter for a sink to garden hose so I did my chilling in the master bath instead of having to lock up cats and run a garden hose in from outdoors. Much better!