Almost There!

I spent the evening over at Crude’s place putting the bike back together. Lots of fun stuff, lots of things to learn. Filing piston rings in order to get the ring gap set correctly, reassembling rocker boxes, and putting pushrod tubes back in. The last one was the real problem. We got the engine all put back together and fired it up without a problem, but then we saw that there were some pretty nasty oil leaks coming from the bases of the intake tubes. We called it quits at that point (at about 11:30) and will be working on it some more tomorrow.

But it felt really good to hear it running again after so long!