I did another batch of beer today. It’s a modification of the last wheat along with a few new techniques. So here’s the recipe:
- 6 pounds, United Canadian wheat extract (60% pale/40% wheat)
- 1 pound, Briess 80L crystal malt
- 1/2 pound, Paul’s roast barley
- 1 pound cotton blossom honey
- 1.5 ounces, Cascades hops (boil)
- 1/2 ounce, Cascades hops (finish)
- Wyeast #3942 Belgian Wheat Yeast
I also mixed things up a little, finally purchasing a hop bag instead of trying to strain the hops out after adding them directly to the wort.
Also, this was the first time I used a wort chiller and can’t believe I waited as long as I did. That thing was amazing. I had the wort down to about 75 degrees in a little over 5 minutes. Extremely impressive.