Since the last batch of beer turned out so badly I’ve been looking in to ways to keep my fermentation temperatures under control. It looks like the gold standard is some sort of glycol jacketed conical fermenter, but since they run somewhere in the $1000 – $2000 range, that’s out for a while.
But, I found these plans on the internet and decided to try them out.
The first stumbling block was that it seems like nobody in the DFW area sells the 2″ foam board. So I’ve had to settle for making a sandwich of 4 1/2″ boards. The upside is that the R value is higher so it might be marginally more efficiently insulated. As of right now all of the boards are cut into pieces and I’ve started gluing them together.