Today was the big day. I finally got fed up with 35 hours on my Hughes SD-DVR40 and upgraded it with The Zipper. I had two 60 gig drives laying around and decided to put them to good use. The Tivo came apart easily and after a few missteps with burning the CDs, I got everything going. I’ve now got a 100 hour unit with networking, but the only problem was that the USB Ethernet adapter I bought, a Linksys USB200M Version 2, wasn’t supported until I could log in. That needed a serial cable, and luckily I had some parts laying around to make one.
I’ve got everything running now, the channels are all back, the season passes have been re-done, and it’s all working again. Next step is to replace the drives with bigger ones when money permits.