Mike and I tore into the Jeep a little bit ago and got the thermostat replaced. It’s been overheating and going through coolant for a while, but since I rarely drive it, I didn’t really worry too much. But since the weather was nice and I had a willing and able assistant, it was time to get it fixed. The old one was definitely stuck, considering it didn’t open in boiling water. We had a little trouble getting the housing reattached, or more precisely keeping the gasket aligned while attaching it, but got through that. It’s all buttoned up now, no leaks, and is holding temperature where it should. After a short test drive things seemed good, no overheating or smelling coolant when we got back. Time will tell if this fixes the problem, but I’m pretty confident it will.