I didn’t get everything I wanted to do done, but I did get the tach installed, and it’s working fine. That’s the good news. The bad news is that all the work that I did on the carb was for naught. It’s still leaking gas. So on Monday I’m going to go pick up a few more parts and see if I can get it sealed up. Currently it’s looking like a problem with the floats or fuel inlet valve. So the current shopping list is:
1. Float bowl gasket
2. New fuel inlet valve w/ seal
3. New turn signal indicator lamp (it’s burned out)
And then re-set the float levels, replace the valve and gasket, and try again. If this doesn’t work I’m going to pay someone to fix it.