This has been a busy and productive day. After running to Car Toys to get an in-line fuse for my Jeep. I’ve been using a Rig Runner 4005 to provide power for my radios, GPS, APRS, etc. that is fed with 8 ga. cable running straight from the battery. I did something that wasn’t very smart and was extremely dangerous. I didn’t put a fuse on the positive line, close to the battery. If there was a short somewhere in that power cable the Jeep could have burned. There’s now a 50 amp fuse right at the battery.
After I finished that I started in on the hamshack rebuild. I’ve been putting this off for a while and finally quit making excuses and started pulling cable. I’ve now got the IC-706 MkIIg connected into an Ameritron RCS-8V remote switch with 50 feet of LMR-400 low loss coax. Currently I’ve only got the Force 12 Sigma-5 fully connected because I haven’t run the control cable for the AH-4 tuner or the rotor for the M² 6M3 6m beam. But that will get done in short order.
But I made a contact with N3WBS in Maryland on 17m, so I’m pretty happy with what I did get accomplished.