Replacing The Tappets

I picked up the new tappets, made by Crane Cams, from Strokers this morning and started working on getting the two for the front cylinder replaced, since I already had that half disassembled. After that I moved on to taking apart the rocker box on the rear cylinder and it’s tappets. They’re replaced as well and everything’s buttoned back up.

The moment of truth when I hit the starter but it fired right up and other than some clatter from the lifters bleeding up I didn’t hear the valve/piston contact that had been there before.

I’m going to take it for a test ride later and make sure that I haven’t missed anything like seals, etc. and that it’s really, truly, functioning correctly, but for now it looks like it is.